The political map of Anglo-Saxon England changed considerably, not least due to the efforts of the Viking 'Great Army' in the later ninth century and the ensuing conquest by the West Saxons.
- Maps of eighth-century England
- Maps of ninth-century England
- Maps of England under Alfred (871-99)
- Maps of tenth-century England
- Maps of England under Edward the Elder (899-924)
- Maps of England under Æthelstan (924-39)
- Maps of eleventh-century England
- Maps of England under Æthelred (978-1016)
Map showing political development in Anglo-Saxon England, c.700-c.1000. Map drawn by Reginald Piggott for Simon Keynes.