Viking Festival 2022
The Vikings are organising a event to
- Celebrate our 50th birthday as a Society
- Run a public show that we have full control over
- Showcase everything we can do to potential clients
- Enable everyone to have time to enjoy coming together as a group and live the Viking dream for a few extra days
- Camping, training, trading and just generally having fun 20th-24th June, 2022
- Major show 25-26th June, 2022
Locko Park, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7BW
Click here for a map.
Overall Timetable (subject to change)
- Monday 20-22nd June 2022 Site access and infrastructure setup
- Tuesday 21st June onwards - site open for guest camping
- Thursday 23rd June Education/Press day (arrival access and setup will be limited whilst we have children on site)
- Friday 24th June Show setup
- Saturday, Sunday 25-26th Show
- Saturday 25th evening - 50th(51st) birthday party
- Monday-Tuesday 27-28th site clearance
Directions to/onto site
Directions to Locko here  - please note the access to site changes on Thursday (its in the document). If you have a big trailer, caravan or motorhome from Thursday onwards we suggest you use the the Flourish Farm entrance (///buckling.confusion.remarked) heading South or the East Drive Entrance (///greyhound.rooftop.producers) heading north on the A6096. Note the East Drive entrance is a no right turn heading south. There are no height restrictions on these routes.
- The map showing layout of the showground is available here. This is a work in progress so will by updated up to, and including, when we take possession of the site but it should be noted that we are not accepting any additional LHE registrations barring exceptional circumstances.
- The plastic camp and parking layout is here. Also work in progress. Use the First Aid post and lake to align the 2 maps.
Everyone onsite overnight must be a member of an invited Society or a concession holder/trader with their own insurance. Anyone entering the show field during show hours must be a member of an invited Society, a concession holder/trader or have a ticket
- If you are inviting a personal guest/family member to see the show, please buy a ticket. This does not allow them to camp with you overnight.
- If they are an ex-member wishing to take part, they must have Guest membership which, for this weekend, is £10. You, and your group, are responsible for their behaviour, kit standards and safety checks.
- If they are a personal guest/family member who wishes to stay for the entire festival, there is a special 'family and friends' ticket which gives them the right to up to 7 days camping,the show field and the evening entertainment. We are not making these tickets publicly available, as we do not want members of the public buying them, so please contact admin[at]vikingsonline.org.uk for the link. You are responsible for the behaviour of your guests.
Expenses We are not currently planning to pay personal expenses to attendees unless agreed in advance. If we sell enough tickets, we will review this, so the best way to achieve this is to take every opportunity to help out and sell tickets wherever possible. Expenses to shows is a legitimate use of Group funds however, so Groups can decide to subsidise members attendance.
Archery Competition (all attendees)
There will be an archery competition open to all attendees on Friday 24th June. Full details are here.
Documents for Guest Participants
We are looking for all Vikings groups to nominate an activity they will showcase in their LHE or as a small arena activity. Please sign up here